Fundraising for us
As a small charity with no government funding and an ever-growing demand for our services, we rely on amazing fundraisers to help us provide welcoming places for refugees and asylum seekers to stay. Every pound you raise could help to keep another vulnerable person off the streets and under a safe roof.
Here are just a few ways you could raise vital funds for Refugees at Home:
- Sponsored sport challenges (anything from a 5K walk to a marathon or a triathlon)
- Bake sale at work
- Street party (ask everyone who attends for a small donation)
- Make and sell jars of Paddington Bear’s favourite, marmalade!
- Organise a collection at your place of worship, school or community centre (we can provide posters, collection tins and more)
Our Fundraising Pack is full of other ideas, and tips on making your event the most successful it can be.
Ready to get going? It’s easy to set up your event and start asking friends, family and colleagues for support – simply go to our JustGiving page and click on the ‘Fundraise for us’ button.
Promote your idea
Here are a few handy hints for making sure as many people as possible hear about your fundraising efforts, and give you their support.
- Use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok to post about what you’re doing – use engaging images or video, and tell your personal story to get people interested.
- Let us know about your plans, and tag us in social posts so we can promote it on our channels too.
- Post about your event on your community Facebook group, or get in touch with your local newspaper or radio station, who may be happy to run a piece about it.
- If you’re having a garden party, bake off or garage sale, why not put posters up on lampposts or noticeboards in your local area?
- Get in touch with us at the address below if you need collection tins, or want to sell our tote bags for a suggested £6 donation each.
Still have questions? You can email us at email@example.com
“I’m making a donation in lieu of Christmas card sending. So happy to have hosted in the past and a lasting friendship made with one guest.”
Maddy and Peter
If you’d prefer to show your support with a donation, you can find out how here:
Or if you’re interested in giving a larger monthly donation and helping to ensure even more refugees and asylum seekers find a safe place to stay each year, why not consider joining our Founders’ Circle.
“Running 1000 km in 8 months plus a marathon in >4.5 hrs for Refugees At Home because it does such important work!”